- Student Teacher Applicants must be admitted into the Teacher Education Program and have met all requirements to Student Teach.
- Candidates must take and pass the PPR EC–12 TExES #160 and Certification TExES (EC–6, 4–8 MSE, or Secondary) pertaining to degree plan before student teaching.
- Check Blackboard/VISTA Student Teaching Course and your UHV email for APPROVAL or DEFICIENCY Listing and information about your status to Student Teach prior to completing the next series of steps in the application process.
- Any changes in criminal history must be reported to the Teacher Education Program Coordinator and Director of Field Experiences.
- All DEFICIENCIES must be cleared prior to April 1 for Fall Student Teaching and prior to October 15 for Spring Student Teaching.
- We cannot guarantee any placement.